Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Post 5

If I really think I will like it, movies first. I think on average I go about 3 -4 times a month, could be more. Then rent, then TV most movies I like I watch on TV for the 2nd or 3rd time. If I see a movie on TV I like I will rent it cause I want to watch it in its entirety
About A Boy – it’s a sweet movie about a man who realizes what love and friendship is really about after a long time of being alone. Looking out for number one is good, until he is forced into a friendship with a 12yr old boy, and realizes how being a part of others life’s is not so bad. It’s a bit of a love story not so much of cheesy love story (prince charming meets Cinderella and they live happily ever after) but more realistic.
Seven- this is a bit more of a “thriller” it’s about a serial killer who is basing himself on the “seven deadly sins” – wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony. It made me think about each sin, and just question myself on my own believes or principals for that matter which may be along the lines of a “sin” LOL it was just a well thought out movie, the ending was the best for me. I think it was how the murder ends up turning the table on the “good guy” and how we are all capable of sin, just depends on the situation.

Crash- This may be my favorite! It has prejudice, racism and hatred all in one movie and all felt by a variety of cultures and races. It reminds us how we are all capable of it even when we think we aren’t and how easy it is to stereotype.

1 comment: